Compare Electricity Melbourne
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Melbourne with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Melbourne (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to commercial arrangements, eligibility, availability or area . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect are available to all customers as some electricity and gas special offers and plans are only available through Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, states and postcodes . For more information on special offers available in Melbourne (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, please contact Compare & Connect's customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in melbourneEach energy provider in melbourne only supplies energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you depends on where you live .
Compare and Save
- Save hours on research
10 minutes of your time could save you hundreds of dollars each year. .
- Join thousands of households and start saving
We have helped many households in melbourne save money with cheap electricity, now it's your turn.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
Now is the time to compare electricity and gas providers and start enjoying cheaper energy
- We save you effort
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers plans .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers process, you can click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300 360 080
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it possible for you to compare electricity deals that are available in melbourne in one convenient place. We pride ourselves on being one of Australia's top platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
Although we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Melbourne energy market back to front. So, you can be confident that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Free Service:
You can use our quality comparison and connection service for free! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer. Instead, we receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
Compare & Connect are proud to be members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). We decided to voluntary join this code of conduct because we are dedicated to presenting information to you with accuracy and fairness.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Melbourne save on electricity bills.
Changing is So Easy
You may think that changing electricity providers is going to be a hassle. It definitely isn't! It's super simple. We do it all for you! We will communicate with your current electricity provider to let them know you are leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so your transition will be as smooth and seamless as can be .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Melbourne
Our vision is to bring the full range of energy providers in the one place, to provide our customers a wide range of options to choose from . So far, we have successfully established relationships with these providers in Melbourne : Please note available by giving us a call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We're constantly striving to add more and more providers to this our list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to questions about what happens once you've finished the comparison process and have made the decision that you want to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Melbourne
Since the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia's Eastern and Southern states has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first stage of deregulation was to establish an intra-state electricity grid that enabled electricity that is generated in one state to be sold in other states.
The next stage, which happened earlier in some states, was the splitting up of the state owned electricity monopolies into several competing entities and then privatising them. In order to promote better competition the energy market was split into two types of entities
Distributors look after the actual delivery of electricity to customers' premises , and they own and manage the poles and powerlines, and don't engage directly with customers.
The electricity retailers do all the interacting with the customer. They sell the electricity and are responsible for billing. The states have between 1 and 3 distributors and up to 30 retailers.
In July 2008 , the Melbourne electricity market was fully deregulated. This meant that consumers could now change to whichever provider offered the cheapest electricity prices.
Electricity in Victoria is supplied by the following distributors
- Ausnet Services
AusNet Services distributes electricity to the eastern outer & northern suburbs of Melbourne and eastern Victoria.
- Powercor Australia
Powercor distributes electricity in the western suburbs of Melbourne and western Victoria.
Citipower distributes electricity throughout Melbourne City and it's inner suburbs.
Jemena provides electricity in the south-western and northern suburbs of Melbourne.
- United Energy Distribution
United Energy supplies electricity in the southern suburbs of Melbourne and in the Mornington Peninsula.
Tips for reducing electricity consumption to save on your bills
Here are a few easy to implement ways for reducing how much electricity you use
- Reduce draughts. Minimise hot or cold air getting in or getting out through gaps under doors or around your windows through the use of door snakes and gap seal tape.
- Turn appliances off at the power point when you're not using them.
- Use the clothes dryer less frequently. Instead, dry clothes outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Wear warm clothing, instead of turning on the heater (warm socks, beanie, jumper, booties).
- Reduce the use of lights by making use of the available natural light.
- Close the doors of rooms that aren't in use, so that you only cool or heat a smaller space.
- Prevent the hot sun over-heating your home by closing the curtains and blinds in rooms that the hot sun shines directly into.
- Reduce the use of air conditioning by opening the windows during the night to allow the house cool down, and shutting them each morning thus keeping hot air out.